Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Honey Glazed Pork - Thit Heo Nuong

My husband and I, we used to go to this little Malaysian restaurant in Chinatown. It's in a little walk through tunnel that's kind of hard to spot. I think it's a place more for the locals. Anyways the food there is great. They got the best tasting Honey glazed pork chop I've ever eaten. You can literally smell the honey glazed the moment the server steps out of the kitchen, and not only does it smell wonderful, it taste so good. The meat is moist and tender and covered with sweet tasting honey glaze goodness. I miss eating at this restaurant. We use to eat at this place a few times a week, but ever since we moved, we hardly get the chance to go there anymore. So, what I did is try to come up with a recipe of my own. Instead of using pork chop I'm using pork tenderloin.
So far my recipe isn't the same as the restaurant’s, but it’s pretty close.

Ingredients

1 lb pork tenderloin
1/2 Tsp paprika
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsp honey

Method

Cut meat into thin strips then pat dry, try to remove all excess moisture from meat.

In a microwave safe bowl add sugar, honey, and soy sauce. Stir mixture and place in a microwave for 2 minutes or until sugar melts. Add paprika and stir to combine mixture.
 Allow mixture to cool to room temperature, and then add pork strips.

Marinade meat for 3-5 hours or overnight before cooking.
Using a skillet, on low heat add 2 tablespoons of oil then add meat and cook until meat is thoroughly cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment